What’s In Focus At 100% Optical 2023
Featuring a world-class education program, the latest in optical fashion and design, famous faces, cutting-edge equipment, and ample networking opportunities, the organizers of the highly anticipated 100% Optical have named their top 10 recommended things to see and do.
With just days to go until professionals from around the globe gather at ExCeL London for the three-day celebration of optics, here are the highlights you’ll not want to miss across the three-day show from February 25-27:
- A world-class education program with the AOP including 140 CPD sessions across 11 different hubs with key topics including myopia management, advances in clinical imaging, including the role of artificial intelligence, and dry eye disease. Top tip: 40% of session availability is being held back for walk-ups.
- Exciting exhibitor launches including: Bonavista Optics Downton Abbey®- inspired line of eyewear frames, sunglasses, and optical accessories; Kasperek Optical’s beautiful new Laura Ashley eyewear collection for the British heritage brand’s 70th anniversary; the newly-launched Kevin Life unisex accessory which performs as an eyeglass holder or lanyard and an attractive necklace; a tea tree oil-based lid cleanser recommended for patients who live with dry eye, meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD), blepharitis or demodex by the Body Doctor’s Eye Doctor brand; Vysen’s launch of ‘The Tom’, hand-crafted Italian luxury sunglasses collection inspired by the iconic Top Gun Aviator sunglasses, the original FTG, and more!
- With a bigger focus on contact lenses than ever before, an exciting line-up of major brands including CooperVision, Johnson & Johnson, Bausch & Lomb, and Safilens are all confirmed as exhibitors.
- Spot famous faces including the likes of chef, restaurateur, and TV presenter Dame Prue Leith, who will be a celebrity guest at the show on Sunday 26th February, to champion Specs by Prue launched in collaboration with independent eyewear supplier MAC Eyewear earlier this year.
- With an even stronger emphasis on independent eyewear, be sure to visit 100% The Studio Sponsored by Nikon and witness a record number of the most inspirational independent brands from across the globe including VAVA Eyewear, Vysen Eyewear, Salt, Nine Eyewear, Studio Optx and Bevel, and FFIN.
- The Makers Corner, situated in the Eyewear section of 100% Optical, is an exciting new feature that champions sustainability and highlights creative makers and designers in the optical industry. Here you can enjoy a series of interactive workshops with seating for up to 15-20 visitors during each mini-session. This year’s confirmed makers include Yair Neuman and Worshipful Company of Spectacle Makers.
- Market research experts, Euromonitor International, will be once again presenting their vision of the future as Natasha Cazin, Senior Consultant, discusses Euromonitor’s 2023 trends report on the Main Stage.
- With record-breaking, high-quality entries for this year’s Love Eyewear Awards, don’t miss the official crowning ceremony for the 12 diverse categories which takes place at 5 pm on Saturday 25th February on the Catwalk at 100%.
- Keep your eyes peeled for the latest optical fashion trends and be sure to check out one of the Live Catwalk shows showcasing the latest designs provided by exhibitors and their amazing brands three times a day.
- Located on stand B399 next to the Optical academy you’ll find ‘Heavy-Light’, a sculpture created from discarded demo lenses and lens waste (swarf) designed by the renowned sustainability designer Yair Neuman.
- Adding an unofficial 11th attraction, see Daniel Feldman‘s three half-hour presentations over the weekend, Customers NOT Patients on Saturday 25th of February, SEO for Eyecare Professionals on Sunday 26th of February, and The Loyal Customer on Monday 27th of February.
Nathan Garnett, 100% Optical show director, commented: “This is just a flavour of what’s on offer at 100% Optical this year. Our visitor numbers, a top-notch confirmed exhibitor line-up, more networking space and opportunity than ever before, and the new approach to our CPD session bookings following important visitor feedback means that the 2023 show is shaping up to be the busiest and best one yet. We can’t wait to open those doors on the first day and welcome you all back again. ”
The digital show preview for 100% Optical can be viewed here and visitors can still register to attend for free at 100% Registration 2023.