Using our shop
Thank you for considering purchasing items from the British Tinnitus Association (BTA). We’re confident you will find the items we stock satisfactory, however if you do not, these Terms & Conditions cover our conditions of sale & return.
Terms & conditions
‘You’ or ‘your’ means the person ordering the product or products. ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means the British Tinnitus Association (BTA)
Products & orders
Orders will be dispatched to you on receipt of payment. If an ordered item is out of stock we will try to contact you.
If we cannot provide you with the products you have ordered, we will give you the option to cancel, place an alternative order or wait until the products are in stock.
We will only process your payment when the products are packed & ready for sending.
We may change or substitute the exact details of products at any time. We will try to tell you of changes that affect your order before we send them to you. We will give you the option to cancel your order. Products can be returned within the 28 day money-back guarantee.
Price & payment
Prices shown include the cost of postage & packing & VAT where applicable.
We may change prices at any time, but we will tell you about any change in the prices of products you have ordered. We will give you the option to cancel your order.
Cancellation before goods are received
If you wish to cancel an order please tell us no later than 5 working days after the date you placed the order. If you cancel by telephone we will also need written confirmation from you. We will refund the full cost of the order if we receive cancellation within 5 working days after the date you placed the order.
If we receive cancellation after the order has been dispatched the goods must be returned to us. The cost of posting the order back to us will be refunded to you. Products can be returned within our 28 day money-back guarantee (please see below).
For orders placed within the UK:
- We will endeavour to deliver your products to the address you gave us on your order within 10 working days of your order.
- All orders will be posted by 2nd class Royal Mail.
- If you do not receive your products within 10 working days of the date of order you must tell us immediately & no later than 15 working days after the order date.
- If goods are lost in transit we will send you new products or offer you a full refund after 15 working days of your order date.
For orders placed for delivery outside the UK, they will be posted by Royal Mail Airmail, & delivery times cannot be guaranteed.
Shortages, damaged or faulty goods
If the products you receive are damaged in transit, faulty or there is a shortage of products you must let us know by telephoning us or in writing within 7 days of receiving the products. Damaged or faulty goods must be returned to us with a filled-in returns form enclosed with the product. We will send you replacement products on receipt of the damaged goods & will refund you the cost of postage in returning the products to us.
Money-back guarantee on delivery of goods
We have a 28-day money-back guarantee with the following condition:
- Goods must be returned in ‘as new’ condition with their original packaging & the instruction sheets. A filled-in returns form must be returned with the goods. We will exchange the product or refund the cost of the product. We will not refund the cost of postage in returning goods under the money-back guarantee.
- If you return the products that are not ‘as new’ or outside the money-back guarantee period we may refuse to give you a refund or may charge you a handling fee.
- We will refund or replace any product that is faulty within 12-months of purchase.
The guarantee does not apply:
- If you have used the products other than to assess whether the product is satisfactory or
- If the products have been used incorrectly
Please note – for reasons of health and hygiene, the following items are excluded from our 28-day money back guarantee. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
- All earplugs
- ETY- Kids earphones
- Snuggly Rascals
- AfterShokz headphones
All returns must be sent with a filled in returns form otherwise we may not be able to process your return quickly or at all.
We are not responsible for any products you return until we receive them. We recommend you get proof, from the post office, that you have posted the products onto us.
We will try to process returns within 10 working days of receiving them. If products are returned by Royal Mail it can take up to 15 working days for returns to reach us.
Risk & ownership
You are legally responsible for products you have ordered and have paid for in full as soon as you receive them.