Last updated 2019
Here are the latest details we have for the tinnitus service at Victoria and Queen Margaret Hospital in Kircaldy.
Victoria Hospital and Queen Margaret Hospital
Kirkcaldy KY2 5AH
In which department would a tinnitus patient’s first appointment be?
What is the average waiting time for a patient’s first appointment (in weeks):
To access the tinnitus service, does a patient need to have had an ENT appointment first?
After the first appointment, if necessary, where would a tinnitus patient be referred on to:
What is the average waiting time for this appointment (in weeks):
Which staff members are involved in your tinnitus service?
- Senior Audiologist
- Chief Audiologist
What equipment is available for tinnitus patients in your department?
- Ear level white noise generators- to keep
- Table top sound therapy devices – to keep
- Pillow speakers – demonstration only
- Sound pillows – demonstration only
- CDs – to keep
- Other (please give details): Combination hearing aid retrainer incorporating a selection of sounds including pink noise or prescription PTA based sound- patient can choose
The following are offered to tinnitus patients:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Relaxation exercises
- Stress management
- Refer to psychology