University Hospital- Coventry | British Tinnitus Association
Last update 2019
Here are the latest details we have for the tinnitus service at the University Hospital NHS Trust UHCW- Coventry.
Clifford Bridge Road
Coventry CV2 2DX
In which department would a tinnitus patient’s first appointment be?
Audiology or ENT
What is the average waiting time for a patient’s first appointment (in weeks):
For Audiology via the Complex Direct Referral 6 weeks
To access the tinnitus service, does a patient need to have had an ENT appointment first?
If no, how does a patient arrange to be seen at your tinnitus service
Ask GP to refer to the Complex Audiology Service via e-referral Choose & Book
After the first appointment, if necessary, where would a tinnitus patient be referred on to:
What is the average waiting time for this appointment (in weeks):
Which staff members are involved in your tinnitus service?
- Head of Audiology
- Senior Audiologist
- ENT Consultant
- We refer to MIND to access anxiety management courses and to IAPT to access counselling including psychiatric support if required.
What equipment is available for tinnitus patients in your department?
- Ear level white noise generators – on loan
- Table top sound therapy devices – to keep
- Patients are signposted for pillow or sound speakers.
- Patients are also signposted to apps rather than CD’s
The following are offered to tinnitus patients:
CBT, Mindfulness, Relaxation classes and exercises and stress management are offered by signposting to MIND and/or IAPT