Last updated 2019
Here are the latest details for the tinnitus service at the St Michael’s Hospital in Bristol.
University Hospitals Bristol
St. Michael’s Hospital
Bristol BS2 8EG
In which department would a tinnitus patient’s first appointment be?
What is the average waiting time for a patient’s first appointment (in weeks):
To access the tinnitus service, does a patient need to have had an ENT appointment first?
After the first appointment, if necessary, where would a tinnitus patient be referred on to:
- Hearing Therapy
- MRI as appropriate for the patient
What is the average waiting time for this appointment (in weeks):
Which staff members are involved in your tinnitus service?
- Head of Audiology
- Senior Audiologist
- ENT Consultant
- Hearing Therapist
What equipment is available for tinnitus patients in your department?
- Ear level white noise generators – to keep
- Table top sound therapy devices – demonstration
- Pillow speakers – on loan
- Sound pillows – demonstration
- CDs – demonstration
- Many patients now prefer App devices on their phones to using another external sound source.
The following are offered to tinnitus patients:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Relaxation exercises
- Stress management