Online Tinnitus Workshop | British Tinnitus Association
An online tinnitus workshop offering people with tinnitus the opportunity to learn more about it and how to live with it better.
The workshops will run as two separate sessions. The total cost of the Workshop is £10 (includes two sessions). By registering, you agree to attend both sessions.
PART 1: Friday 2 December, 10am – 12pm
PART 2: Friday 9 December, 10am – 12pm
- Understand what tinnitus is and how it relates to hearing problems
- Be able to separate tinnitus fact from tinnitus fiction
- Understand how tinnitus can become a big problem
- Learn about a number of evidence-based techniques for managing tinnitus better and making it less of a problem in your life
- Share experiences with other people who have tinnitus
- Know where to go if you need further help
Who will be delivering the workshop?
Lucy Handscomb, PhD from UCL Ear Institute:
- 25 years as a tinnitus therapist, working with both individuals and groups
- Involved in several research projects investigating psychological aspects of tinnitus
- Regularly teaches on a number of tinnitus courses for students and clinicians
- Trustee of BTA and former chair of their Professional Advisers’ Committee
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop would be suitable for those that have been diagnosed with tinnitus but have had minimal professional advice.
Please note this workshop is for UK residents only.
How will the workshop be delivered?
You will require internet access and a device which has a microphone and camera e.g. webcam or smartphone. We will be using Zoom for both workshop sessions.
How long is the workshop?
Each session will be 2 hours long (4 hours in total).
If you have any questions or wish to be put on a waiting list, please contact [email protected].